You will find hundreds of language companies, but how do you know which is the best interpreting agency London -wide?
How is Interpreting different from Translating?
Translating basically means the transfer of one document or text from a source language to a target language. Interpreting, on the other hand, refers to oral translation. This happens in meetings, training sessions, phone calls, and other oral communications when using two or more languages.
Types of Interpreting Service
There are two major types of interpreting services:
- Consecutive Interpreting
This type of interpreting service is recommended in a room or meeting when using two languages. In this type of interpreting, the interpreter lets the speaker finish talking before he translates what the speaker said for the other attendees. The consecutive interpreter has an option to take notes to get the dates, times, places or other details that the speaker may be giving out.
- Simultaneous Interpreting
Simultaneous interpreting is usually done when there are multiple languages being spoken in the room. This type of interpreter service needs a lot of concentration, as the interpreters will not have the chance to take notes. They provide the interpretation or translation while the speaker is talking.
You will also hear the following terminologies:
- Ad Hoc Interpreting -this interpreting service usually happens in smaller, informal and non-structured meetings. An example would be conversations between friends or family where the group speaks two languages.
- Whispered Interpreting – an interpreting service utilized in meetings whose speakers only have one person as their audience.
- Telephone Interpreting – An interpreter translates the conversation between two parties over the phone when using two languages.
- British Sign Language – This is the preferred method of communication of most British hearing-impaired people in the UK and is a means of communication between the hearing -abled and hearing-impaired. Using body language and gestures to convey meaning and words.
Interpreting Agency London
It is difficult to choose the best interpreting agency London-wide, since many Language companies abound.Which one should you pick then? Language Direct’s team of interpreters and translators are certified in various translation associations and groups around London and UK. Our linguists are native speakers with backgrounds on legal translation, medical translation, technical translation, court translation and other professional translation services.
Get your free quote today from one of the best interpreting agency London -wide.